Happy New Year guys!!! (Yep, that’s me, doing Pretty Girl Things on New Year’s Day, 2013).
I am understandably psyched about the new year – not necessarily because when the clock struck midnight my issues magically dissolved (Fairy Godmother, I’m still waiting) but because a new year, month, or day is a chance to make a different choice…
And while I have no resolutions, there are some things I’m certain are likely to happen, and others that are not. There are so many things that I’m looking forward to this year.
1. Expanding Analyse These: Which is a book/film club I started last year. So far, we’ve read poetry and short stories and I’ll really like us to get into a juicy novel. Or see some obscure Finnish film with Dutch subtitles (and even though that second part is a joke, it actually happened to me!)
2. I’m going the self-publishing route. Don’t judge me.
3. Reviving my music projects which include a monthly show and recording my own music. Yep, don’t act so surprised… I can actually sing. Hopefully, this time I won’t have to wait a whole year for a certain producer to NOT return my calls…
4. Bon Jovi‘s coming to South Africa!!!!! I. Must. Be. There (FAIRY GODMOTHER!!!!)
5. Okay…I can’t help it…Cloud Atlas: I’m really curious about this film. And I love Hugo Weaving in all his guises…Plus, I think it would be nice to see Hugh Grant play something other than a floppy haired Englishman.
6. Going back to school – I know, it doesn’t sound terribly exciting…but if I actually want to be a tweed wearing professor, I had better get cracking…Before the robots take over.
7. Получение серьезного с моим уроках русского языка
8. Turning 30
9. Finishing War and Peace: One year later and 20-something other books including Anna Karenina (and excluding re-reads), I’ve barely made a dent in it.
10. Falling in love, because, quite frankly, what is life without it? I’m looking forward to the freedom to love someone – with bold, grand gestures; and in the small, quiet ways – with no fear of judgement. This will be a gift to myself: To love the right person.
11. Kanye West changing his last name to Kardashian. It’s going to happen, right?
12. Changing my glasses: Even if they are in, Ahmed Attah’s words, iconic, I believe it’s time.
13. Making money!!!